“B&H” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“B&H” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 26th September 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- business/company name
- job title
- contact information including email address and telephone
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type
- operating system (automatically collected)
- industry information
- other information relevant to customer preferences
- a list of URL’s starting with and a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand to address your needs and provide you with the information that you have requested, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Maintain your contact information to provide a service or product
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- Personalising and tailoring your experiences on our site
- Responding to communications from you
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protections Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 204, 2011 and 2015
- We may also use your information to contact you to follow up on product or service requests. We may contact you by email, phone or mail
- Analysing your use to of our site to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience
How and where we store your data
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties.
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
Do we share your data?
We may share your data with other companies in our group. This includes our Holding company and its subsidiaries.
In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will, however, be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. This is can be found on the Subscribe page and reads as follows: “I give my consent for B&H Worldwide to send me news and updates that may be of interest to me.” If you are having second thoughts on receiving marketing information as previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the below address
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
B&H Worldwide (Holdings) Ltd.
1 Saxon Way Trading Estate
Middlesex UB7 0LW
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.