If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Business Development Manager - Asia (REF: BH-BDMA-SG-Jan2018)
Job Title - Business Development Manager - Asia
Line Manager - Sales Director/CIO
Department - Customer Solutions
Location - Singapore
Direct Reports - N/A
Hours - 40 per week
External - Customers and Partners
Internal - Asia Operations and UK Customer Solutions
Develop sales pipeline with potential customer base (aerospace) appropriate for B&H sales proposition in the Asia region. Convert prospects to clients in order to achieve and exceed personal targets and objectives. Maximise revenue and profit potential of all incoming sales opportunities. This role is meant to be 30% Account Management of existing Asian customers and 70% bringing on new business.
Main Roles and Accountabilities
1. New Business Development
· Identify and pursue new and existing aerospace customers to meet sales targets
· Develop pipeline of prospect customers which fit with overall B&H sales strategy.
· Conversion of leads to customers to meet and exceed personal targets.
· Develop strong network of contacts within the aerospace industry, freight industry, trade organisations etc. to keep informed of business trends and competitor activity.
· Analyse existing lost and down trading customers to assess potential. Where potential is identified re-introduce B&H through product offerings.
· Follow up on any new business leads generated through quotes.
· Carry out a minimum of 8 visits / contact per week.
2. New Business Implementation
· Drive successful new business implementation through interacting with the Asia Operations teams and also the UK onboarding team to onboard new customers.
· Ensure customer understands implementation process and is comfortable with the onboarding plan.
· Introduce key members of the implementation / Account Management team.
3. RFI, RFP & RFQ Management
· Assess any requests to ensure the opportunity represents a realistic chance to win new / additional business within existing or new aerospace customers.
· Involve the Group Sales Director in any enquires from new customers to ensure correct resources are allocated to the project.
· All pricing proposals with a potential revenue of >£50,000 per annum to be signed off by Group Sales Director.
4. Bid and proposal development
· Enforce global Net Net pricing from B&H Offices
· Work with Asia operations to collect pricing in the region
· Work with other B&H offices to collect pricing for none Asian pricing
· Develop supporting documentation for the tender response, which may include technical operations information, transition plans, pricing models, etc.
5. Account Management
· Adopt the global standard account management process for Asian customers.
· Implement formal account management plans for current customers.
· Interact with global account managers for large (global) accounts
· Ensure account management plan embraces customer’s own strategy and aspirations.
· Analysis of KPI and financial data to ensure contractual performance is met.
· Develop corrective actions plans with operations where KPI performance is below contractual target.
· Manage all contractual pricing and commercial matters with customer, which includes the formal sign off procedures internal B&H.
· Negotiate contractual rates increases and ad hoc pricing requirements.
· Review KPI data with customer at agreed times, but no less frequently than quarterly.
· Work with Operations to ensure all requests are answered within agreed deadlines utilising standard system format.
· Act as “go to” person for all advice and guidance in preparation of quotes.
· Ensure all margins are appropriate for scale and history of customer / opportunity.
· Ensure appropriate internal team is involved for complex and significant opportunities.
· Develop network of contacts in overseas offices to ensure our response is accurate and timely.
7. Strategic Development
· Contribute to the development of the Asian Customer Solutions offering.
· Develop presentations to convey B&H worldwide credentials and capabilities to customers and internal stakeholders.
· Be highly competent in presenting B&H Worldwide vision, credentials and capabilities to all relevant audiences.
8. The Market & Competition
· Identify and evaluate industry trends, competitor activity and market forces, reporting and recommending appropriate action for B&H Worldwide.
Solution sales driven with hunger to engage new customers, deliver and exceed personal targets and objectives plus engage face to face with potential customers to articulate B&H’s capabilities. Customer focussed with excellent attention to detail, analytical mind with ability to design and implement customer solutions in aerospace logistics. Will have experience in building multi-level relationships and highly developed communication skills.
· Sales and customer service driven
· Work pro-actively using own initiative.
· Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
· Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
· Delivery of projects within agreed timescales.
· Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
· Possess appropriate IT skills.
· Be persistent, tenacious and determined to win new business.
· Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to review complex data to generate business solutions which satisfy both customer and company objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
· Proven experience in the aerospace logistics industry experience.
· Proven customer facing experience.
· Sound knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Excel and CRM solutions. Project management software an advantage.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.