If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Inside Sales Executive (REF: BH-IS-Jan 2018)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Title - Inside Sales Executive
Line Manager - Inside Sales Manager
Department - Customer Solutions
Location - LHR
Direct Reports - None
Conditions - Full time M-F (40 hours)
External - Customers and Suppliers
Internal - Customer Solutions, Operations, Overseas offices
The Inside Sales Executive is responsible for growing revenue with customers requesting One Day Quotes (ODQs) and cold calling dormant customer accounts who have not traded with B&H in the last twelve months.
Main Role Accountabilities
1. One Day Quote Management (ODQ)
· Ensure that all quotes are generated on time (within the agreed timeframes of the SOP).
· Ensure that all ODQ responses have the correct level of profit margin balanced with pricing to win.
· Ensure that all quotes are generated in the correct manner and through the quoting system.
· Ensure that all quotes are followed up within the agreed SOP timeframe to drive rapid conversion to confirmed jobs.
· Ensure that all customers feel that their business is important to B&H.
· Ensure all margins are appropriate for scale and history of customer/opportunity.
· Ensure that appropriate internal team is involved for complex and significant opportunities
· Work with other B&H offices to gather costs and build ODQs
· Work with multiple suppliers to gain the best price for service to meet the customers service levels
· Work with Operations and the Inside Sales team to understand expected service levels B&H provide to their customers
2.Quote Log Quality and Compliance Management
· Develop (as applicable) & maintain an up to date log of all quotes through the quoting system.
· Analyse the log to track success rate.
· Follow up quotes and identify reasons for success and failure.
· Develop root cause analysis for failure and develop strategy to improve.
· Analyse data and Identify customers who may benefit from having contracted rates with B&H versus consistently requesting quotes.
· Log all incoming enquiries and quotes.
· Ensure all quotes are followed up with 2 hours.
· Pass any potential leads to Customer Solutions teams to progress globally.
· Assist the Inside Sales Manager to analyse and report on trends, successful and unsuccessful, recommend actions required.
3.Account Management Support
· Review all ODQs accounts ) and identify customer trading trends.
· Develop a plan to re-engage with dormant customer accounts who no longer ship with B&H by identifying reasons, actioning plans to overcome objections and build relationships to convert these customers back to shipping with B&H.
· Develop a plan to further penetrate customers within the B&H who are still shipping with B&H but who have either declined over the previous period or who utilise B&H services for a small portion of their overall logistics spend.
· Utilise the approved CRM system for all customer contact to the same level required of the Customer Solutions Managers for all customers.
· Ensure that all the necessary documentation and uploads on the system are completed by account and in the required timeframes
· Develop centralised EMEA Pricing administration within the Inside Sales Team.
· Develop and manage central database for costing for lanes across products.
· Manage RFQ requests from Customer Solutions Managers and coordinate the pricing response with the EMEA operations teams.
· Work with multiple suppliers to gather net costs for small and larger tenders.
· Be aware of the standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and behaviour and the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
· Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy.
· Complete annual appraisals in line with B&H standards with Line Manager.
· Ensure an active PDP is in place.
· Ensure all mandatory training is completed within the required time frames and refresher courses are completed are completed prior to expiry date.
· Highlight any areas or needs for training with line manager.
- Customer focussed
- Attention to detail
Key Skills and Attributes
- Have experience gathering supplier costs and producing quotes within the aerospace logistics industry through previous operational or inside sales positions.
- Proven understanding of AOG services vs. critical and routine services.
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relations
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Be persistent, tenacious and determined to win new business.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.