If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Driver (REF: BH-D-July2017)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Line Manager: Transport & Warehouse Manager
Department: Transport & Warehouse
Direct Reports: None
Conditions: Full time M-F (40 hours) or 4 on 4 off
External: Customers & Suppliers
Internal: Warehouse Team, Transport & Warehouse Manager, UK Operations
To ensure efficient and effective collection and delivery of materials to and from customer sites, airlines & airports and other establishments as required in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with DoT law. To maintain awareness of regulatory reforms to key areas (AEO Compliance. Customs, Security, Dft/CAA).
- Liaise with Transport Manager/Supervisor to provide reliant distribution of materials.
- Carry out instructions on "collection/delivery notes" and/or "written instructions".
- Load and off-load your own vehicle in a timely manner ensuring all freight is present and undamaged.
- Assist with unloading of other B&H vehicles as required.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, e.g. run sheets.
- Assist with labelling and palletizing if required.
- Ensure any cargo identified as “Known Cargo” is carried and handled correctly in compliance with Dft/CAA regulations.
- Gain approval from line manager before attending any Non B&H function/hospitality.
· Carry out vehicle checks and to ensure that vehicle is road worthy.
· Ensure the correct use of Tachographs in vehicles where necessary.
· Maintain your vehicle cleanliness and roadworthiness at all times inside and out.
· Re-fuel on a daily basis utilizing the correct fuel type and most cost-effective means.
· Ensure the vehicle is returned to the depot ready for the next day.
· Keep fuel cards in a safe place and submit receipts in a timely manner.
· Maintain vehicle records in line with company policies in a timely and accurate manner.
· Be polite and respond positively at all times to customers/colleagues.
· Respond to operational staff/customer queries.
· Always wear supplied Company B&H uniform, maintaining a smart and professional appearance at all times.
· Wear your company identity card at all times.
Health & Safety/Regulations
· Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
· Abide by drivers' rules as outlined by the Freight Transport Association and DoT.
· Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant transport law and procedures and restrictions.
· Liaise with Management to identify any changes in work instructions and/or processes.
- Customer focussed
- Attention to detail
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR Class 1 to 9)
- Previous industry experience
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.