If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Night Team Operator (REF: BH-NTO-June 2017)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Title: Night Team Operator
Line Manager: Export Operations Manager
Department: Night Team Operations
Direct Reports: N/A
Conditions: Full time 4 on 4 off (7pm to 7am)
Main Role Accountabilities
· Ensure Export and Import processes are completed in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- Customs simplifications/security and safety.
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
· Understand Rules laid out in UK HMR&C tariff, following customer customs entry instructions.
· Adhere to C.A.A security requirements, report any non-conformance that is identified.
· Adhere to B&H Quality Management System Processes.
· Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
· Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
· Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
· Ensure Customs entries are completed correctly as per instructions received from customer in writing.
· Arrange OBC shipments as and when required.
· Arrange third party collections and deliveries liaising with B&H Transport department.
· Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in the B&H systems.
· Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
· Raise invoices to customer within agreed KPI (5 Days).
· Answer telephone calls in a polite and timely manner ( within 3 rings).
· Review each file once invoice has been raised to ensure correct costing and sales tariff used.
· Highlight areas of concern to line manager or the account CS manager.
· Identify areas to maximise profitability by proactive file management.
· Identify smarter ways or working to increase efficiency.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside customer solutions and any other relevant departments.
· Attend customer reviews with CS team.
· Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
· Communicate quickly and professionally to customers any changes that affect their business e.g. delays, changes to flights, emergency measures etc.
· To follow B&H Worldwide company Processes and Standard operating procedures ensuring company KPIs are met
· Proactively manage operational files through agreed KPIs. This will include:
- Files to be invoiced within agreed KPI (5 Days).
- Correct costs from suppliers added during the live operation of the job.
- Correct customer tariff reducing customer invoice queries.
- Shipment delivered to customer agreed KPI.
· Ensuring all billing is carried out within a timely fashion (KPI is 5 days) monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
· Liaise with overseas offices, partners and vendors ensuring correct costs are received.
· Monitor invoicing against the agreed tariff and highlight to Team Leader and Account CS Manager any areas for loss.
· Identify errors as a result of invoice queries from finance.
· Resolve errors and ensure that they are not repeated.
· Ensure all purchase invoices are returned to accounts within 24 hours.
· Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements (KPI is 30 minutes).
· Complete all quotations through BoxTop, follow up and when customer gives the green light converted into a live job.
· Understands customer requirements for completing quotations and ensure team is working to these standards.
· Any errors identified are raised to Line Manager to ensure they are not repeated.
· Liaise with CS team to follow up on reasons why quotations were not gained and make any reasonable amendments to future quotations to try to secure the business.
· Be aware of the standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and behaviour and the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
· Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy.
· Complete annual appraisals in line with B&H standards with Line Manager.
· Ensure an active PDP is in place.
· Ensure all mandatory training is completed within the required time frames and refresher courses are completed are completed prior to expiry date.
· Highlight any areas or needs for training with line manager.
- Customer focussed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of Export processes
- Excellent customer service skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Industry experience.
- Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant an advantage.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.