If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Night Team Manager (REF: BH-NTM-June2017)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Title: Nights Team Manager
Line Manager: Exports Operations Manager
Department: UK Operations
Direct Reports: 4
Conditions: Full time M-F 40 hours
Main Role Accountabilities
· Ensure all operators within the Night teams are working in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- Customs simplifications/security and safety.
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
· Train operators to current up to date standards.
· Regularly audit operational files in line with AEO procedures.
· Raise NCRs and complete root cause analysis and CAPA.
· Record all of this within the company ISO record system.
· Monitor profitability of accounts and explore avenues to increase margins through additional sales of Value Added Solutions.
· Highlight potential changes to operational practices to improve efficiency.
· Review monthly actual sales by account against targets.
· Highlight areas of concern to CS team.
· Identify areas to maximise profitability by account e.g. reduce costs, increase price etc.
· Identify smarter ways or working to increase efficiency.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside customer solutions and any other relevant departments.
· Attend customer reviews with CS team.
· Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
· Carry out customer satisfaction reviews/surveys on a sample of accounts and feedback results to CS team - use this information to drive improvements in sales, efficiency, and profitability.
· Communicate quickly and professionally to customers any changes that affect their business e.g. delays, changes to flights, emergency measures etc.
· Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring operational performance therefore identifying any changes needed to be implemented to provide positive improvements to working practices.
· Proactively manage the team’s performance through agreed KPIs. This will include:
- % of audit of operational files completed
- % of staff training and cross training completed
- % of accounts reviewed each month
- Nos of actions agreed and % completed to drive improvements
- % of invoices completed outside of the target
· Ensuring all billing is carried out by all operatives within the Night teams within a timely fashion (KPI is 5 days).
· Monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system by all operators of the Import & Express team enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
· Liaise with overseas offices, partners and vendors ensuring correct costs are received.
· Monitor invoicing against the target and raise NCR for those that are outside the target and inform finance.
· Identify errors as a result of invoice queries from finance.
· Resolve errors and ensure that they are not repeated.
· Ensure all purchase invoices are returned to accounts within 24 hours.
· Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements (KPI is 30 minutes).
· Ensure all quotations are be completed through BoxTop, followed up and when customer gives the green light converted into a live job.
· Understand customer requirements for completing quotations and ensure team is working to these standards.
· Periodically checks quotations to ensure team is completing them accurately and to standard.
· Any errors identified are raised with the team to ensure they are not repeated.
· Convert quotations if gained into jobs in BoxTop.
· Liaise with CS team to follow up on reasons why quotations were not gained and make any reasonable amendments to future quotations to try to secure the business.
· Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
· Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
· Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
· Ensure Customs entries are completed correctly as per instructions received from customer in writing.
· Arrange OBC shipments as and when required.
· Arrange third party collections and deliveries liaising with B&H Transport department.
· Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in the B&H systems.
· Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
· Raise invoices to customer within agreed KPI (5 Days).
· Answer telephone calls in a polite and timely manner ( within 3 rings).
· Monitor staff (attendance, time keeping, sickness & statutory breaks) and act as necessary if personnel are not compliant with company policies.
· Proactively monitor the team against the B&H standards and take appropriate action including training, retraining, counselling and possibly disciplinary action.
· Ensure the team are aware of the standards expected in respect of their job, attendance and behaviour.
· Be fully conversant of the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
· Review and approve departmental overtime ensuring costs are monitored and accrued as appropriate.
· Discuss any changes to staffing levels or working practices are with Senior Management where this may be beneficial in order to control or reduce costs or increase productivity.
· Review overtime figures and propose ways to work smarter that minimises the use of overtime.
· Monitor hours of work and rest breaks to ensure compliance with the WTRs.
· Manage holiday and sickness absence to ensure that jobs are covered.
· Ensure team receive sufficient appraisals, development and track progress to ensure they meet their full potential and support the growth of the business.
· Ensure all team members have an active PDP.
· Carry out regular reviews and one to one meetings with team members.
· Ensure all team members are trained to do their job and cross trained to do other jobs in the team.
- Customer focussed with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind with ability to design and implement processes.
- A sound knowledge of Export, Import & Express processes
- Excellent people management skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Be persistent, tenacious and determined to win new business.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous industry experience.
- Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.