If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
IT Support Technician (REF: BH-IT-June2017)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Job Title:IT Support Technician
Line Manager: Systems Support Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Conditions: Full time M-F 40 hours per week
Main Role Accountabilities
General IT Support
· Responsible for the day to day provision of high quality IT services to our offices globally.
· Communication with staff in all global locations.
· Meet agreed IT support performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
· Attend meetings as required to provide IT input and gain knowledge of developments and changes in the business or staff requirements.
· Develop a detailed understanding of all aspects of our business and how IT relates to it.
· Develop and maintain a high level knowledge of all internal systems and how these interact with each other.
· Manage network accounts and printer/MFD connectivity.
· Connecting and setting up hardware (laptops, tablets, mobiles phones, Apple Macs, projectors etc).
· Setting up user profiles and software on workstations, laptops, tablets and Apple Macs.
· Troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues including workstations, Apple Macs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
· Troubleshooting and resolving software issues.
· Application support of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
· Support of Office 365, SharePoint, One Drive for Business and Skype for Business on Windows and Apple Macs.
· Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues.
· Ensure all virus software is up to date and install patches and fixes as appropriate.
· Support users by providing basic training on systems and processes, especially for new staff or after implementation of upgrades.
· Ensure that security measures are in place to protect our systems and information from external and internal risks.
· Supporting and troubleshooting telecom issues (mobile phones, landlines, ISDN, SIP, phone systems & internet connections) and liaising with telecom providers & ISPs to resolve issues.
· Preparation of weekly reports.
· Production and maintenance of end user instructions & user guides.
· Internal department setup/installation guides.
· Producing and updating processes and procedures that relate to IT.
· Maintain a current and accurate inventory of hardware, software and licenses.
· Completion of departmental checklists (staff leavers, joiners, new profiles etc).
· Office 365 and SharePoint updates.
· Active Directory updates.
· Management of IT Helpdesk Tickets - log and complete tickets based on priority.
· Procurement of hardware and software from approved suppliers.
· Assist in managing the global telecoms service provision including fixed line, SIP and mobile services.
· From time to time interface with any key external providers ensuring SLAs are in place, monitored and met consistently.
· Provide administrative project support as required.
Health & Safety
· Ensure compliance with any Health & Safety initiatives to provide a safe work environment in line with all local regulations and company policies.
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the company.
- Ability to flexibly manage time to meet changing priorities and deadlines whilst ensuring core tasks are still performed.
- Be available to handle occasional out of hours calls in the event of system failure or to perform maintenance that cannot occur during standard business hours.
- Must also be able to work in a busy environment and able to use their own experience and initiative to resolve issues.
- An organised individual with a "can do" attitude who enjoys a challenge, can multi-task and who is focused on providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written English is essential.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Installing Windows operating systems 7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS.
- Setting up and troubleshooting Windows/Apple Mac user profiles.
- Installing applications on Windows SQL, windows and Apple Mac workstations.
- Basic active directory (AD) administration knowledge (adding users/password reset).
- Connecting and setting up computers and printers/MFDs to the network.
- Setting up workstations, Apple MACs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Microsoft Office application support (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio).
- Office 365 and SharePoint online administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues in Windows and Apple Mac environments.
- Basic understanding of networking.
Qualifications and Experience
Proven experience in an IT support technician role with the above key skills and attributes.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.